*RAST reserves the right to move you into another site where deemed necessary.
**Please note there is a $4.95 booking fee which is applied to each booking by our booking system.
***Please note that some sites which are listed as having Water may only have an accessible water station to help you fill up. This may not mean that you have constant access to Water.
There are limited sites available for self-registration however please ensure you use the site allocated when you arrive.
For CMCA Members please use the following promotional codes. Then click on apply.
(Please note you will need to present your CMCA Card upon Check-In);
Powered Site – CMCA1
Unpowered Site – CMCA2
**See bottom of this page for a map of the individual sites**
Hobart’s Closest Camping Ground
10 minutes north of Hobart CBD and just a 2 minute walk to public transport
All pets welcome
Bookings now must be made online or via the office during business hours.
Closed annually during the Royal Hobart Show, 3rd week in October.
- Walking distance to medical facilities, major retailers, shopping facilities, restaurants, Village Cinema complex, library, swimming pool, internet café, and numerous other activities.
- Can accommodate tents, slide-ons, motorhomes, 5th wheelers and caravans.
- Full shower, toilet and laundry facilities.
- Dump Point On-Site.
- Powered sites available.
- Safe bike access to Hobart via the Hobart Cycle track.
- Ideal for public transport access to: MONA, Botanical Gardens, Salamanca Market, River Cruises, Cascade Brewery Tours, day trips to Tahune Airwalk, Derwent Valley, Richmond, the Coal River Wine Region and Port Arthur to name but a few.
- 2 Howard Road, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7010
Access to Site
Entry from the Brooker Highway, turn into Howard Road at the Howard Road Roundabout (right next to Bunnings). Turn right into the Showground Main Drive and proceed to Administration Building (office hours 8am-6pm – Monday to Friday).
If the Administration Building is closed, use our online booking system or find your way to our Motorhome Volunteers. (we would rather you had a place to stay than went away).