We’re Hobart’s Closest Camping Grounds
To make a booking, please use our online booking form – Motorhome Booking Form.
Alternatively, you can call us or book on arrival. Office Hours: 9am-5pm weekdays.
Why choose the Hobart Showground?
- 10 minutes north of Hobart CBD and just a 2 minute walk to public transport
- All pets welcome
- Bookings now must be made online or via the office during business hours.
- Walking distance to medical facilities, major retailers, shopping facilities, restaurants, Village Cinema complex, library, swimming pool, internet café, and numerous other activities.
- Can accommodate tents, slide-ons, motorhomes, 5th wheelers and caravans.
- Full shower, toilet and laundry facilities.
- Dump Point On-Site.
- Powered sites available.
- Safe bike access to Hobart via the Hobart Cycle track.
- Ideal for public transport access to: MONA, Botanical Gardens, Salamanca Market, River Cruises, Cascade Brewery Tours, day trips to Tahune Airwalk, Derwent Valley, Richmond, the Coal River Wine Region and Port Arthur to name but a few.
- The Hobart Showground Motorhome park is available for bookings most of the year.
Important information – please read before booking!
- RAST reserves the right to move you into another site where deemed necessary.
- Please note there is a $4.95 booking fee which is applied to each booking by our booking system.
- Please note that some siteswhich are listed as having Water may only have an accessible water station to help you fill up. This may not mean that you have constant access to Water. bringing a splitter would be advised.
- Extension cords are also advised to bring as the distance to a power box can sometimes be significant depending on the site. 25 metre extension cords would be recommended.
- There are limited sites available for self-registration however please ensure you use the site allocated when you arrive.
Please use the following promotional codes (then click on apply). Please note, if you use these promotional codes, your CMCA Card will be checked upon arrival.
- Powered Site – CMCA1
- Unpowered Site – CMCA2
Access to Site
Entry from the Brooker Highway, turn into Howard Road at the Howard Road Roundabout (right next to Bunnings). Turn right into the Showground Main Drive and proceed to Administration Building (office hours 8am-6pm – Monday to Friday). If the Administration Building is closed, use our online booking system or find your way to our Motorhome Volunteers. (we would rather you had a place to stay than went away).
GPS Location: 2 Howard Road, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7010
See you there!